The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
Reporting to the Supervisor you will be responsible for operating gantry cranes to safely lift, move, position, and reposition loads on-site for the Central Interceptor Project.
What you will be doing:
- Lift, position and place plant equipment
- Operate cranes according to signals
- Assist with routine inspections of the cranes to ensure they are safe for use
- Check the cranes are set up correctly and securely
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for operators on site
- Minimise and reporting any unsafe activities
- Work closely with the Rigger/Dogman to formulate the lift plan
- Assist with other general construction duties
The successful candidate will have:
- NZ Unit Standards 3789, 3790 and 3800
- 2-4 years crane operating experience essential
- Experience working on heavy civil infrastructure projects preferable
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication and decision-making skills
- A safety-conscious attitude
- The ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe ideal but not essential as we will provide this
Please apply online today!