The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is looking for Water Treatment Plant Technician to join their team and get exposure working with world renown construction experts.
The Central Interceptor is New Zealand’s largest ever Wastewater Project consisting of close to 20 km of tunnels, more than 17 shafts, a pump station and substantial wastewater management and network infrastructure works.
Working closely with the Environmental and the Plant teams, you will manage the water treatment process by testing, treating, discharging and recycling water in the water treatment devices across the site to ensure efficiency and compliance.
Some of the things you will get involved in:
- Ensure that water management for the works is adequately planned, forecasted and coordinated
- Work closely with Environmental Manager to ensure compliance of discharge is within consent conditions and notify relevant parties should this be compromised
- Assist the Plant Manager to ensure the water treatment devices are always fully utilised & operational
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Manager to ensure there is sufficient supply of the material required for water treatment device
- Actively look for opportunities to reuse water on site
- Conduct water testing on sites and treat water appropriately to reach consent requirements
- Liaise with disposal companies when and if required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a similar role, qualification environmental science and technical skills are preferred
- Willing to work outside in the open air
- Environmental/water testing experience or an interest in this area
- Basic understanding of electrical or mechanical machinery will be beneficial
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood
We have one, full time permanent position available, based in Auckland, and the hourly rate ($26.00 - $36.00) will be based on a candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Minimum 40 hours a week between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Saturday until such time as required to work on a rostered shift pattern, in line with the programme demands of the project.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
If you are looking to progress your career and join a legacy project offering a Construct Safe qualification, excellent allowances and subsidised lunches please apply online now.