The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
What you will be doing:
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the QS department with the administration of subcontract packages, budget and cost control management, as well as the measurement of quantities for the Central Interceptor Project.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following
- Preparation of bills of quantities and estimates to justify the JV’s quantum entitlement
- Maintain registers of variations / change management / insurance claims
- Measurement of progress and reporting on performance against budget
- Measurement of the effectiveness of alternative options
- Assist the sustainability team with the determination of ISCA credits by measuring and tracking materials and energy consumption
- Monitor and ensure subcontractor, supplier and consultant complies with contractual terms and conditions
- Preparation of subcontractor correspondence and variation notices
- Assist the construction team in coordinating daily activities on site
- Measurement and certification of progress payments
- Reconciliation, settlement and close out of final account
- Management of subcontractor and supplier relationship
The successful candidate will have:
- Full Class 1 Driver's Licence or International Driver licence preferred
- Sound knowledge and experience working in the construction/infrastructure sector
- Degree qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Science or equivalent degree preferred
- Expertise in measurement and take off’s preferred
- Minimum ten years’ experience in similar role
We have two full time, permanent positions available, Auckland based (minimum 40 hours per week Monday-Friday). The salary is between $120,000 - $135,000, experience, skills and qualification dependent.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Please apply online today.