The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
What you will be doing:
These roles provide support to the Senior Project Engineer with the construction of the Mangere Pump Station Building or Confluence Chamber through programming of site activities, documentation, resource management as well as tracking and identification of claims.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following.
- Liaise and coordinate with client, sub-contractors and water treatment plant operators
- Monitor works on-site to ensure they are carried out safely in line with all relevant temporary works designs, specifications, methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of safety, quality and environmental plans
- Responsible for the preparation of safe work method statements, Construction Execution Plans (CEPs),ITPs, and purchasing plans
- Management of procurement schedule for works to ensure timely procurement and engagement of subcontractors
- Work closely with the designers and provide input in the design process to ensure constructability
- Accurately document project activity duration and progress to enable effective budget tracing and reliable progress reports
- Preparation and presentation of 3-week look ahead programs and 100-day look ahead programs
- Forecast materials, plant, labour requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4 years post graduate experience working in the civil infrastructure sector
- Degree qualification in civil engineering
- Competent user of Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point, project)
- Site administration experience, including the compiling of ITP’s, JSA/SWMS, CEP's
- A positive, collaborative and pro-active approach
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Progressive thinking and robust project administration capabilities
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood both in written and verbal form
We have two full time, permanent positions available, Auckland based (minimum 40 hours per week Monday-Friday). The salary is between $120,000 - $130,000, experience, skills and qualifications dependant.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Please apply online today.