The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the A Grade Tunnel Manager, you will be responsible for the daily movement of the material required for TBM production, such as spoil management and consumables and stock control.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following
- Supervise a small team on the surface to complete external works of the mining site
- Coordinate all operations alongside the A Grade Tunnel Manager and Supervisor
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for co-workers onsite
- Ensuring the delivery of the daily programme
- Receiving and organising materials with the warehouse
- Assisting with the daily production of the TBM
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working on heavy civil infrastructure projects preferable
- Experience as a foreman in logistics/warehousing
- Ideally, you will have NZ unit standard for Rigging (US 3789)
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and lead a team
- Good communication and decision-making skills
- Construct Safe ideal but not essential
Minimum 40 hours a week between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Saturday until such time as required to work on a rostered shift pattern, in line with the programme demands of the project.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Please apply online today.