The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
What you will be doing:
As one of our Site Engineers, you will provide support to the Project Engineer and Supervisor with the completion of site activities, documentation, resource management as well as tracking and identification of claims.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following.
- Participate at site meetings and record detailed notes and/or minutes
- Accurate documentation and filing of all project information
- Monitor, track and assess subcontractor, supplier and plant dockets
- Compilation of incoming material certification records, ITPs and checklists
- Assist with the monitoring of works to ensure that they are carried out in line with all relevant designs, specifications, methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of safety, quality and environmental plans, including safe work method statements and construction method statements, ITPs, and purchasing plans
- Develop and maintain site registers
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a Site Engineer on civil infrastructure projects
- Degree qualification in engineering, construction management or equivalent
- Site administration experience, including the compiling of ITP’s
- Proficient in MS Project and excel
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Progressive thinking and robust project administration capabilities
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood both in written and verbal form
Ideally you will have experience with shaft sinking, micro-tunnelling or site establishment, however, this is not essential as we will be offering the opportunity to learn and grow, so if you are looking for your next challenge please apply online today.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.