The Central Interceptor is New Zealand’s largest ever Wastewater Project consisting of close to 20km of tunnels, more than 17 shafts, a major pump station and substantial wastewater management and network infrastructure works.
As one of our Electricians, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and resolution of breakdowns of our plant equipment.
What you will be doing:
- Support TBM production; following cables, lights, optic fibre, and all installation inside Tunnel
- Assemble, test, and maintain tunnel electrical equipment using hand and power tools
- Responsible to maintain the train/locomotive in the tunnel following all safety and operational procedures
- Perform and record planned maintenance
- Assist with the troubleshooting and resolution of electrical issues to minimise production downtime
- Install and maintain electrical equipment
- Check and verify incoming plant are safe and fit for purpose
- Work collaboratively with Engineers, Mechanics, and the wider construction team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician
- Previous train/locomotive Electrical experience (electrical / batteries)
- Relevant trade certification
- EWRB Mining Endorsed full license preferable
- Knowledge of tools, plant equipment, material, electrical code, NZ standards and regulations
- Knowledge of high and low voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of fault finding and control systems (PLC ideal)
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
It goes without saying that you will be able to work unsupervised and be able to work shifts. The hourly rate ($45.00 - $55.00) will be based on a candidate’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
This is a permanent position based in Auckland, full time for 40 hours. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
We offer excellent allowances, full PPE, training and subsidised lunches – please apply online today!