The Central Interceptor is New Zealand’s largest ever Wastewater Project consisting of close to 20km of tunnels, more than 17 shafts, a major pump station and substantial wastewater management and network infrastructure works.
As one of our Electricians, you will use your specialist skills, qualifications and experience to support the Tunnel Boring Machine.
What you will be doing:
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem following GAJV work methods and procedures.
- Perform planned maintenance, record check sheets and take actions when required.
- Supports TBM production, following cables, lights, optic fiber, and all installation inside TBM.
- Make sure communication/information/reports are done daily and passed on to supervisor.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician (TBM experience is preferred)
- Previous train/locomotive Electrical experience (electrical / batteries)
- Relevant trade certification
- EWRB Mining Endorsed full license preferable
- Knowledge of tools, plant equipment, material, electrical code, (NZ standards and regulations preferred)
- Knowledge of high and low voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of fault finding and control systems (PLC ideal)
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
It goes without saying that you will be able to work unsupervised and be able to work shifts. The hourly rate ($45.00 - $55.00) will be based on a candidate’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
This is a permanent position based in Auckland, full time for 40 hours and the hourly rate will be based on a candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications insert range..
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
We offer excellent allowances, full PP, training and subsidised lunches – please apply online today!