The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn (Auckland). The 14.7-kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
What you will be doing:
This position requires specialist rigging skills to assist with the safe loading and unloading of loads and providing direction for the plant movement on site while ensuring a healthy and safe environment for operators on site, minimising and reporting any unsafe activities. The successful candidate will follow safe methods and use safety equipment while always complying with the regulatory requirements that are applicable.
Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following
- Work with crawler cranes, rough terrain and other plant equipment
- Provide guidance for the plant movement on site
- Apply suitable slinging techniques
- Assist with the checking of equipment to ensure they are safe for use
- Understand and generate lift plans
- Awareness of daily programme and production requirements
- Ensure plant and equipment is used correctly, effectively and inspected and maintained regularly and the required plant and equipment certification and regulations are compiled with
- Ensure all project issued plant and equipment is secure and accounted
- Complete appropriate documentation such as timesheets, incident reports, daily logs and any other relevant reporting requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- Full Class 1 Driver's Licence preferred or International Driver Licence
- Rigging qualifications – Advanced preferred
- Civil Construction site experience
- Minimum of 8 years rigging experience essential
We provide a comprehensive induction program, full PPE and a unique opportunity to work with specialist international team members. 40 hours minimum per week guaranteed
We have two, full time permanent positions available, based in Auckland, and the hourly rate ($35.00 - $38.00) will be based on a candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Minimum 40 hours a week between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Saturday until such time as required to work on a rostered shift pattern, in line with the programme demands of the project.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Please apply online today.