The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Carpenters to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor will be New Zealand's Largest wastewater tunnel that will run between the Māngere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor you will assist with the day to day construction activities for the Central Interceptor Project.
What you will be doing:
- Perform a variety of construction activities such as site establishments, putting up hoarding, building chambers and footpath reinstatements
- Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
- Check that duties are completed efficiently in order to meet or exceed requirements
- Keeping the Foreman/Supervisor informed of construction status/challenges
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 years + of carpentry experience on civil infrastructure projects
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can do’ attitude
- Safety aware
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
What's in it for you?
- Good hourly rate/overtime and allowances
- Comprehensive 2 day induction
- Fulltime and permanent role
- PPE & subsidised lunches provided
- Training and career progression opportunities.
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide-reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.
For more information on the Central Interceptor project please click in the link/video below.