The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor this unique role offers you the opportunity of fitting and assembly of various plant equipment including a MTBM, working on the surface and underground on one of New Zealand largest civil infrastructure projects the Central Interceptor.
What you will be doing:
- Interpret hydraulic drawings
- Study drawings or specifications to determine job requirements
- Underground mechanical fitting tasks and duties
- Set up of machinery tools and equipment, along with fabrication of metal parts
- Carry out preventative and routine maintenance activities on Underground equipment
- Compile daily reports and record all completed work for shift handover
- Installation and commission of equipment, plant, machinery and MTBM
- Diagnose faults and repair construction equipment, plant, machinery and MTBM
- Check and verify incoming plant equipment is safe and fit for purpose
- Carry out required tasks on construction sites
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives
- Complete appropriate documentation such as timesheets, incident reports, daily logs etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Trade qualification in mechanical fitting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years mechanical fitting experience
- Experience working on heavy civil infrastructure projects
- Experience working underground would be preferred
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Sound working knowledge of Health Safety & Environmental requirements including LOTO procedure
- Be available to work on a 12-hour rotating shift pattern, working underground.
What’s in it for you?
- Good hourly rate/overtime and allowances
- Fulltime and permanent role
- PPE & subsidised lunches provided
- Training and career progression - For the right person this role offers the opportunity to advance into a Leading Hand / Supervisor role
- We provide a comprehensive induction program
If you are looking to make a positive impact and be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.
For more information on The Central Interceptor click on the link below.