The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking experienced Plant Operators (Machine/Digger Operator) to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
Work on one of Auckland's largest Civil Infrastructure projects the Central Interceptor, where you will spend your time operating Hiab's, a range of excavators and other machinery. You will be a construction all rounder who is also happy to assist with the day to day construction activities when there is no plant operating to do.
What you will be doing:
- Operate construction plant safety
- Perform day-to-day construction activities; civil / structures / underground works
- Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
- Check that duties are completed efficiently in order to meet or exceed requirements
- Keeping the Supervisor / Leading Hand informed of construction status/challenges/safety issues
- Assist with other construction activities on site as required
Skills and experience required for this role:
- 1-2 years of operating Hiab's and other machinery
- WTR endorsement on your NZ drivers license
- Class 2, 3, 4 & 5 full New Zealand license
- Experience working on civil infrastructure projects
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can do’ attitude
- Safety aware
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
The Central Interceptor is the largest wastewater tunnel in New Zealand. It is 13km long, 4.5m in width and height and it will be constructed between Western Springs and the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant – by us!
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.