Be part of our supportive Health, Safety and Well-being team on The Central Interceptor, in this important role of Occupational Health and Wellbeing Practitioner. In this role you will implement occupational health and well-being initiatives for the workforce (employees and subcontractors) working both at head office and onsite, to support the overall health and well-being strategy for the Central Interceptor project.
What will you be getting involved in?
- Provide advice and training on work-related health risks to increase workforce awareness
- Manage the pre-employment medical assessment process
- Undertake drug and alcohol testing
- Manage the annual health monitoring programme and post incident health monitoring
- Assist in developing and supporting the workplace well-being programme
- Ergonomic assessments
- Assist with injury management and return to work programme
- First response for incidents / injuries
- Manage onsite clinics and wellbeing inspections
- Support and contribute to the Occupational Health and Well-being Management
- Stay abreast of H&S legislation updates and changes
Skills and Experience Required:
- Current Registered Nurse practicing certificate with the NZ Nursing Council
- Previous experience of working in an occupational health role would be ideal but not a perquisite
- A post-graduate occupational health qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current NZ Class 1 drivers’ license
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Ministry of Health approved Vaccinator Certificate preferred
- First Aid certificate and NZQA US 25458 & US25511 Drug & Alcohol screening – preferred, however we can easily get you certified, if needed.
This role will suit a self-starter, who is highly motivated and can work autonomously. You will be fully supported by the wider health and well-being team and be provided with all the tools to successfully deliver your role, including a company vehicle to get you to and from our many works sites!
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the com
For more information on The Central Interceptor visit this link: