The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Survey Assistant / Chainman to join the Survey team and provide daily support to the Surveyors on the Central Interceptor Project.
Reporting to the Surveyor you will assist with activities on our civil construction and underground sites such as:
- Setting up instruments and equipment in preparation for survey work
- Laying out stakes/markers, holding measuring prism poles vertical and placing survey marks
- Ensure all survey equipment is properly maintained
- Assist the surveyors with Underground Control Network Survey
- Perform monitoring surveys as part of a team
- Conduct daily vehicle checks, ensure survey is in good condition
- Keeping the Surveyor informed of any survey challenges
Skills and experience required:
- Recently gained their surveying qualifications or construction site experience
- 1-2 years of construction labouring experience
- Certificate in Surveying (L4) ideal but not essential
- Legible handwriting and ability to work with numbers
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instruction
- be Safety aware
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
What do you get in return:
- Be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland
- Two day fully paid project induction
- PPE and subsidised lunches provided
- Training and development opportunities
- Supportive and friendly down to earth team.
The Central Interceptor is the largest wastewater tunnel in New Zealand. It is 14.7km long, 4.5m in width and height and it will be built between Grey Lynn and the Mangere.
if you want to be part of this landmark project we want to hear from you.