The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Māngere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The main tunnel will run underground for 14.7 kilometres and will be at a depth of between 15 and 110 metres. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres below the seabed. Along the route it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel to reduce overflows.
The primary responsibility of this role is to plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the successful completion of allocated packages of work, and the management of physical and human resources. This includes managing the safety, quality, environmental, time and budget requirements of the works packages.
Some of the things you’ll get in involved in:
- Preparation of programming of site activities
- Excavation and lining of all shafts on the Central Interceptor project
- Liaise and coordinate with the client, stakeholders and service providers to ensure any issues are raised early enough to be dealt with and not affect programme
- Review and check all drawings, instructions and documentation in a timely manner
- Monitor works to ensure that they are carried out in a safe manner in line with all relevant temporary works designs, specifications, methodologies
- Regularly capture progress of works (photos) and upload to the project EDMS
- Monitor, track and assess subcontractor, supplier and plant dockets and process on a regular basis
- The preparation of safety, quality and environmental plans, including safe work method statements and construction method statements, Risk Assessments, ITPs, Cost Control/Forecasting, and purchasing Plans
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the field as a Project and/or Site Engineer working in the civil infrastructure sector
- Degree qualification in civil engineering
- Site administration experience, including the compiling of ITP’s and continual monitoring
- Proficient in Microsoft software inclusive of Microsoft Project
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Progressive thinking and robust project administration capabilities
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood both in written and verbal form
- Ideally you will have experience with wastewater infrastructure and reinforced concrete structures.
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.