As part of our Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture Contracts team this new position offers a great opportunity for either a new law graduate or experienced Contract Assistant to support our internal procurement team with specialist tenders.
Working with us on the Central Interceptor Project and reporting to the Contract Specialist, the successful candidate will have the following main duties and tasks:
* draft and respond to contractual correspondence;
* draft of service agreements, subcontracts, supply agreements in accordance with the internal approved standard templates and policies;
* ensure assistance to the Contract Specialist in respect of opinions, advises, amendments and all necessary support for contractual and legal aspect of subcontract claims and variations;
* attend and contribute to commercial, contractual and/or quantity surveying meetings with internal, Client, subcontractors and major suppliers.
You will demonstrate a strong attention to detail along with the ability to discover potential risks for our company and provide guidance to operatives on contractual queries. This will include developing or responding to the basis of entitlement and value of head contract, subcontract or supply contract claims through to successful negotiation and settlement.
What you will have:
- legal qualification in Construction or 2- 4 years’ hands-on experience in legal/contractual matters
- preferable knowledge of FIDIC Red Book (or other FIDIC forms)
- conversant with contract and construction law including local Standard Construction Contracts
- major projects construction background preferred
- strong engagement skills with internal and external stakeholders
This is the perfect role for someone who is looking to start or progress their career with a company that offers a competitive salary and professional development.
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.