The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking expressions of interest from experienced Project Engineers for our Shafts and Microtunnels team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor is New Zealand’s largest ever Wastewater Project consisting of close to 20km of tunnels, more than 17 shafts, a major pump station and substantial wastewater management and network infrastructure works.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to the Senior Project Engineer with the programming of site activities, documentation, resource management as well as tracking and identification of claims.
Some of the things you’ll get in involved in:
- Liaise and coordinate with client, stakeholders and service providers to ensure any issues are raised early enough to be dealt with and not affect programme
- Monitor works to ensure that they are carried out in a safe manner in line with all relevant temporary works designs, specifications, methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of safety, quality and environmental plans, including safe work method statements and construction method statements, ITPs, and purchasing Plans
- Play a proactive role in cost control and assist with claims by early identification and tracking
- Accurately document project activity durations and progress to enable effective budget tracing and reliable progress reports
- Monitor, track and assess subcontractor, suppliers and plant onsite
- Forecast materials, plant, labour requirements
- Provide training and mentoring to Site Engineers
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Site or Project Engineer working in the civil infrastructure sector
- Degree qualification in civil engineering
- Site administration experience, including the compiling of ITP’s
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Microsoft Project
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Progressive thinking and robust project administration capabilities
- Communication that is clear, concise and easily understood both in written and verbal form
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.