The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel between the Māngere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7 kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
Reporting to the B Grade Tunnel Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and supervising all the activities at the bottom of the shaft.
What you will be doing:
- Providing instructions to Riggers, Loco Drivers and Tunnellers to supply the TBM with the materials required for daily operations
- In charge of the lifting and lowering of segments, spoil wagons etc.
- Receiving instructions from the B Grade Tunnel Manager and coordinating with the yard boss for the daily production
- Checking deliveries for the TBM
- Ensuring the traffic management plan for the Locomotives is followed
- Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition
- Completing appropriate documentation such as daily logs and timesheets
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working on heavy civil infrastructure projects preferable
- Experience working underground in a leadership role
- Ideally, you will have NZ unit standard for Rigging (US 3789)
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and lead a team
- Good communication and decision-making skills
- Construct Safe ideal but not essential
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide-reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.