The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking STMS to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
Reporting to the Lead STMS (Site Traffic Management Supervisor) you will assist with the day to day traffic control activities for the Central Interceptor Project.
What you will be doing:
- Perform day-to-day traffic control activities, such as site establishment/dis-establishment and monitoring
- Supervise Traffic Controllers on sites
- Follow the traffic management plan
- Carry out on-site briefings to advise of hazards, driving and parking requirements and site entry/exit points
- Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
- Check that duties are completed efficiently in order to meet or exceed requirements
- Keep a register of all traffic movements in and out of worksite
- Keeping the Lead STMS informed of any challenges
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience as an STMS
- Level 1 STMS (CAT A, B or L2/3P preferred)
- Minimum Class 1 full Drivers Licence
- Current STMS qualification from NZTA
- Experience working on construction sites
- Positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can do’ attitude
- Physically fit and safety aware
- Punctual and reliable – Must be looking for long term work
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
The Central Interceptor is the largest wastewater tunnel in New Zealand. It is 13km long, 4.5m in width and height and it will be built between Western Springs and the Māngere Wastewater Treatment Plant – by us!
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.