The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking Construction Labourers to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project.
The Central Interceptor is a wastewater tunnel that will run between the Mangere Wastewater Treatment Plant and Grey Lynn. The 14.7 kilometre-long tunnel will run between 15 and 110 metres below ground. It will cross the Manukau Harbour at about 15 metres under the seabed. Along the route, it will connect to the existing wastewater network, which will divert flows and overflows into the tunnel.
Reporting to the Supervisor you will assist with the day to day construction activities for the Central Interceptor Project.
What you will be doing:
- Perform day-to-day construction activities; civil / structures / underground works
- Ensure the site is always in a safe and tidy condition and wastage is minimised
- Check those duties are completed efficiently in order to meet or exceed requirements
- Keeping the Supervisor / Leading Hand informed of construction status/challenges
- Operate construction plant/equipment safely
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of labouring experience
- Experience working on civil infrastructure projects
- A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
- Good communication skills and ‘can-do attitude
- Safety awareness
- Ability to work under pressure, determine priorities and follow instructions
- Construct Safe Level 1 is ideal but not essential - we will provide this training!
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide-reaching benefits for Auckland and the community then we want to hear from you.